Share Your #DontDoubleMyRate Story
Just like last year, on July 1, the interest rate on federal Stafford loans, which help millions of students pay for college every year, are set to double. If Congress doesn’t act, Stafford loans will come with a 6.8 percent interest rate—up from 3.4 percent.
We need to show Congress that this is important, and we need you to stand up and share your story.
When you share your story, remember to address three vital questions:
- Why is a college education important to you?
- What impact does student debt have on you?
- How would your life change if the burden of debt was lifted?
- Student Loan Refinancing Could Help More Americans Buy Homes
- 300 Million Engines of Growth: Growing the Middle Class Through Education
- Young Borrowers Swarm Capitol Hill, Urge Congress #DontDoubleMyRate—Again [STORIFY]
- On the Hill, Students Tell Their Debt Stories
- My Student Debt Day: The Power of Lobbying