As the Communications Manager for Campus Progress, Brian oversees the editorial work, public relations and rapid response, and online strategy of the organization.
Prior to joining Campus Progress, Brian was the editor-in-chief of The Daily Iowan, overseeing a daily print newspaper, a nightly TV newscast, and a website, which collectively reach more than 50,000 people daily. Brian is a graduate of the University of Iowa where he studied journalism, English, and American studies. While a student, Brian helped launch an on-campus contribution-based magazine, Off Deadline, and interned at the Student Press Law Center, an advocate for high school and college students’ press rights, where he reported on high school censorship, social networking, and student government secrecy.
Brian has appeared in Politico, The Des Moines Register, CBSNews.com, and UWIRE.com; he has been interviewed by Huffington Post Live, ESPN’s “College GameDay,” and several radio programs including Radio America and Ed Fallon’s The Fallon Forum.
Recent articles by this author:
- Call Your Member of Congress: Prevent Tax Increases For 98 Percent of Americans
- Huge Latino Turnout Changes the Game on Immigration [INFOGRAPHIC]
- What Is The Fiscal Cliff And How Will It Impact Young Americans?
- It’s Clear: Young Voters Turned Out In Record Numbers
- America Now Has a ‘College Economy,’ Needs to Focus on Higher Education
- Welcome the New Campus Progress Reporters!
- Jane Lynch: ‘Younger Generations Have Always Been Progressive’
- Campus Progress Magazine — Read It Here
- Thank Your Senator for Voting to Keep Stafford Loan Rates Low
- UPDATED: Senate Announces Deal to Keep Student Interest Rates Low
- Five Ways The Affordable Care Act Helps Young Americans
- Infographic: What Does 7.4 Million Students Look Like?
- BREAKING: Senate Nearing Bipartisan Stafford Deal [VIDEO]
- Arne Duncan: Keeping Stafford Rates Steady is Vital
- GRAPHIC: What Obama Said on Gay Marriage
- Biden: ‘Absolutely Comfortable’ With Gay Marriage
- Obama Targets For-Profit College’s Predatory Recruiting of Service Members, Veterans
- VIDEO: President Obama Slow Jams #DontDoubleMyRate with Jimmy Fallon
- Obama Riles Up UNC Students, Saying Keeping Stafford Interest Rate Low Is An ‘Economic Imperative’
- VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon Previews Obama Appearance