Communications and Outreach Manager
Katie comes to Campus Progress from the DC public relations firm Venture Communications, where she did media work for progressive nonprofits and for the 2008 Oscar winner for best documentary “Taxi to the Dark Side.” From 2005 to 2007, Katie was a Communications Associate at the Justice Project, a DC-based nonprofit that promotes fairness and accuracy in the criminal justice system. Katie is a 2005 graduate of Georgetown University, where she was editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Independent newspaper. She has also worked as an editorial intern in arts and entertainment at the Washington Post Express and as a promotions intern with Island Def Jam Records in New York. In her spare time, Katie can often be found dancing (badly) to 80s music.
Expertise: Politics, media, journalism
Recent articles by this author:
- Campus Progress Statement: Debt Deal Maintains Vital Funding for Low Income Students
- Conservatives are Holding Pell Grants Hostage in Debt Talks: Take Action Now to #SavePell
- Despite Promise to Drive People to the DMV Herself, Gov. Nikki Haley Won’t Help Vet Who Needs ID
- Kentucky AG Sues For-Profit Daymar College Alleging Violations of the Consumer Protection Act
- Campus Progress Keeps the Heat on ALEC as New Information about its Influence is Revealed
- 10 Best Tweets From the #ALEC Twitter Meme
- VIDEO: Pelosi Candidly Compares Negotiation Styles of Bush and Obama
- 18 State Attorneys General are Now Investigating For-Profit Colleges
- Video: President Bill Clinton Addresses Young Progressives at CPNC11
- President Obama Marks 40th Anniversary of the 26th Amendment
- Michael Bennett and 15 Senators Send Letter to DOJ Urging Investigation into “Voter ID” Laws
- Same-Sex Marriage Passes in New York
- Missouri Governor Vetoes Controversial Voter ID Bill
- Announcing the Winners of the National Keynote Contest!
- VIDEO: CP Director David Halperin Discusses Gainful Employment Rule on FOX Business
- Department of Education Issues Final Gainful Employment Rule
- Leaders in Senate and House Introduce New Legislation to Restore Fairness in Student Lending
- There’s Still Time to Vote in the National Keynote Contest!
- With Gainful Employment Rule on the Horizon, Supporters (and Opponents) Step Up the Fight
- National Keynote Contest Update: Deadline for Entries Extended until May 22!